Murphy School VisionAt John B. Murphy School, we create a positive learning environment that educates the whole child. We work collaboratively to ensure that all students learn to their fullest potential in all areas, with enhanced attention to the Fine Arts. Murphy students will learn to be productive members of the community and will contribute to the broader society.
At Murphy School Children Experience...
- A child-centered environment led by a dedicated staff of professionals devoted to providing the highest quality environment for children.
- Responsive Classroom & Developmental Designs social approach to learning with respect
- University partnerships: Erikson Institute, National Louis University, NEIU, UIC, Indiana University
- Small group work with individualized instruction tailored to student needs
- Literacy approaches aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- English speaking listening proficiency goals aligned to WIDA
- Everyday Mathematics/Connected Mathematics Project aligned to CCSS
- Hands-on science inquiry based experiences aligned to NGSS goals
- A Library Media Center, I-pads, Computer Lab, laptop carts integrating technology
- Fine Arts: Music, Visual Arts, Creative Drama, Dance and Movement, instrumental instruction - guitar, fiddle, keyboard, recorder, Orff instruments, kiln and Arts partnerships: Old Town School of Music, Ravinia Festival, House of Blues
- Healthy Schools Initiatives: daily Chicago Run, Girls in the Game, Sports – softball, basketball, soccer, running, Gardening & Nutrition
- After school programs including: flamenco dancing, film club, yearbook, reading and math fun, book & cook, gaming, fitness club, guitar , piano, floor hockey.
- Monthly "Community Sing" celebrates shared vocals, performance and children
NEWS & INFORMATION
- Supply Lists / Lista de materiales
- Middle School Uniform Policy
- 2016-17 Minimum Health Requirements
- NEW! Counselor's Corner
- 4 Symptoms that mean your child must stay home from school
Murphy School Spirit Shirt
*All proceeds go to the Class of 2017
- X-small, small, medium, large, x-large = $15/each
- 2x-large, 3x-large = $17/each
*Special: Buy 3 shirts at regular price, get 2 more for reduced price.You can pay via cash or check payable to: FRIENDS OF MURPHY
- Sizes XS - XL for $5
- Sizes 2XL - 3XL for $7
All orders are due by April 1, 2017
Click here to visit Go Math! website|
Click here for instructions on how to login
Schoola Clothing Drive
Murphy Elementary School is partnering with Schoola (www.schoola.com) to raise funds for our school. Schoola collects pre-loved women's and children’s clothes, preps and sells them online, and gives 40% of the proceeds back to Murphy Elementary School to help fund programs for our kids. Click on the image above to view our school’s tracking page where you can: request a postage paid donation bag to send in more clothing that benefits our school, view our fundraising progress, or shop for quality pre-loved clothing from top brands.
Free Homework Help
Chicago Public Library is proud to offer in-person and online homework help across the city at every CPL branch.
Visit a Homework Helper at your neighborhood branch or work with a live online tutor through Brainfuse. Online homework help is available in English and Spanish and can be accessed from home with a library card.
All services are free!
Check out chipublib.org for more information.
FREE Websites For Learning
Using technology engages your child and helps them practice many of the skills we learn in class. You will find below a list of FREE websites that you can use at home to help your child! If you don’t have access to Internet or a computer at home, you can visit these sites at a local library as well. LINK
Murphy School Calendar
Tweets by @JBMurphySchool